Friday 31 August 2012

Writings From the Heart by Beth Ann Masarik

Writings from the Heart: Stories and Poetry From Around the World (Volume 1)Writings from the Heart: Stories and Poetry From Around the World by Beth Ann Masarik
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I find it hard writing a review for anthologies, as there are so many components to the book. Some of the stories/poems I loved, some I thought were just okay. So, I'll do my best to give you an overview of the book as a whole.

This anthology will have something for everyone. The short stories range widely in topic and are heartwarming and full of emotion, playful and funny. Reading through the stories and poems in this collection, I found them interesting and unique. If you're a fan of poetry, or you're just curious to find out more, you'll definitely need to pick this one up!

One of my favorite stories was "Hiding in Plain Sight," though there were a few others I really enjoyed as well, and though I'm not normally a huge fan of poetry, I really enjoyed the poems in this anthology. A couple of my favorites were "Invisible Scars" and "Succubus in Chains."

This book is for a good cause, so even if short stories and poetry is not something you usually read, give it a try. The proceeds from this collection will go to the Adult Congenital Heart Program at Cohen Children's Medical Center of NY for education and research in this area.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment