Friday 31 August 2012

Blood Debt by Nancy Straight

Blood DebtBlood Debt by Nancy Straight
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I have been a fan of Nancy Straight ever since I read the first book of her Destiny series. After I finished it, I immediately went to Amazon and purchased the next two books. I would have done that with Blood Debt as well but, sadly, the rest of the series isn't out yet. However, I look forward to the rest of the series with great anticipation. Here's why I love it…

First is the story itself. I think the thing I love the most is the uniqueness of it. The mythology woven into the story is creative and original. I really enjoyed the author's new perspective on the centaurs and gods.

Second is the characters. Camille is a great lead. She is independent, funny and strong. We are introduced to her and given some background on her, and then her world is turned upsidedown. The story follows her as she learns about who and what she really is and what that means for her.

The rest of the characters, from her new family to her new friends to her old friends, are written with dimension, enough that I am looking forward to reading more about them, especially her old friend Daniel.

Last is the author's writing style. She has a way with words that makes the story flow smoothly and fun to read. The story is sprinkled with bits of humor, and there is never a dull moment, holding your attention to the very last word. The story is full of action, mystery, romance and heartache. What more could you ask for?

Interview with Nancy Straight!
http://makingconnectionsgroup.blogspo...

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment