Friday 31 August 2012

Fool Moon by Jim Butcher

Fool Moon (The Dresden Files, #2)Fool Moon by Jim Butcher
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I love Harry!! I love his sarcasm, his self-depreciating humor, his smarts, his Macgyver-like ability to get out of any situation with the scantest of resources.

Fool Moon, as you might guess by the title, is about werewolves. I really enjoyed that author's take on the wolves and the many different kinds of wolves…how inventive!

My favorite part of this book, though, was that we got to see a softer side of Harry. The scene towards the end with him and Susan was just a peek, barely even a chapter, but it was enough to show a side of him that we don't normally get. I mean, he's always nice and gentlemany, but this was a sweet side and it was my favorite scene in the whole book. It humanized Harry in a way that nothing else could.

I am so very much looking forward to finishing this series. Oh yeah, and I listened to the audio book of this one, which, by the way, is awesome! James Marsters has the perfect "Harry" voice. It really brings the whole story together. I've heard after book five they switched narrators, so I just hope that one is half as good.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment