Friday 31 August 2012

Bared to You by Sylvia Day

Bared to You (Crossfire, #1)Bared to You by Sylvia Day
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This story was pretty hot. The sex scenes were hot and steamy, and the setting was a perfect fantasy. Who wouldn't love the dream of running into Mr. Hot and Sexy at work and having him come right out and tell you like it is?

The characters were done well for the most part. Cross was, well, Cross. I don't really know what to say about him except YUM. I guess that's really enough.

Eva was, well…for the most part I liked her. She was strong and independent, knowing what she wanted and not afraid to go after it. I didn't, however, like the way she reacted to things…Yes, I know she was traumatized and running was her way of dealing, but really, it got old. Example: At one point she says (or thinks) she can't stand the thought of being the next in a line of many, and yet that's exactly what she agreed to with Cross. He laid out pretty clearly how it was going to be for him, and she accepted his deal, so she shouldn't have acted like a jealous girlfriend, getting mad because he obviously had had sex with other girls. She drove me nuts sometimes. Her reactions seemed very childish to me, and I had trouble keeping up with her bipolarity.

The story itself was pretty predictable. For the most part I knew where it was going. I probably would have enjoyed it a bit more if I had not already read 50 Shades. Overall, if you like 50 Shades, you'll like this book.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment