Friday 31 August 2012

Crimson Midnight by Amos Cassidy

Crimson MidnightCrimson Midnight by Amos Cassidy
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Crimson Midnight has it all…sexy werewolves (my personal favorite), vamps, demons, warlocks, and crazy fairies. Oh, and I forgot to mention the action, drama, mystery, magic, humor, and romance…What more could you ask for in a book?

Rose moved to the big city of London to get a fresh start, and with a new job, a city to explore, and old friends to keep her company, everything should be perfect…insert scary laugh here. Rose moves in with a family friend, Flo, and Flo's two sons, and before long she comes to realize that not everyone is who, or what, they seem.

I LOVE the characters in this book. Rose is tough and sassy. She is a fighter and stands up for herself. I am so over the female leads who sit around helpless waiting for the big strong man to save the day. Rose is very much not one of those. But, don't get me wrong…there's absolutely nothing wrong with having a big strong man (or two) waiting on you hand and foot…anyway, back to the book. I really enjoyed Rose's witty personality. The back and forth with her and Harold and Roman is so much fun. Some other characters that deserve a mention are Thistle, who really turned out to be a likable character; Harold, the troublemaker; Raven, the strong but silent type; and Roman…What do I say about Roman? His character is awesome! I love his and Rose's relationship, or lack of as the case may be. Seriously, there is nothing more exciting than a love that isn't meant to be. The authors did a great job shaping each of the main characters in the story and giving us enough background so that we got to know them. I enjoyed having the multiple points of view throughout the story so we got to see the story fleshed out through different eyes.

And did I mention the twists and turns? Heck yeah. Enough to make sure you'll have no clue what's going to happen next. I love being surprised with the ending, and wasn't disappointed here…but I do have one issue to take up with the authors…Did that really happen? You know what I'm talking about, don't act like you don't. Um, I really think you better fix that somehow in book two. And speaking of book two, is it almost finished? It's hard to be patient when I'm dying to know what happens. Could you hurry, pretty please?

Interview with author Amos Cassidy:
http://shutupandreadgroup.blogspot.co...

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment