Friday 31 August 2012

Anna Dressed in Blood by Kendare Blake

Anna Dressed in Blood (Anna, #1)Anna Dressed in Blood by Kendare Blake
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Cas is a ghost hunter. He hunts down and kills ghosts that don't realize that they are dead. He inherited this ability from his father, and it has been passed down for generations. Cas moves with his mother, a white witch, to Canada to track down rumors of a ghost names Anna. When he finds Anna, she is anything but what he was expecting.

Cas is a very likable guy. He's a nice guy with a good sense of humor. I found myself laughing at his wittiness more than once. He's never really had many friends, moving around too often to really have the chance to make any, but when he does make friends he turns out to be a great one. He is caring and loyal and overall jus a good guy. Anna turns out to be pretty likable too. I loved the two different sides of her that the author was able to convey. And her story once it was told was so sad! I never would have expected it to play out the way it did. All of the characters were fleshed out well and are charming, making this dark sort of story really fun to read.

I love that this story was told from a male POV. You don't really see that very often, and it was a nice change. The author did a great job getting inside Cas's head and made him a good narrator. This is the kind of book that, although is fun to read, has a major creepy feel to it too, along with some gore. I think the author did an amazing job with that, as I'm sure it wasn't easy to accomplish! I am very much looking forward to book two to see what happens!


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment