Monday 13 August 2012

Teaser Tuesday #3





Author: 
Hillary Jordan


Title: 
When She Woke


Genre:  Dystopian


Published:  October 4, 2011




“One by one, she conjured all the boxes she'd been put into: The good girl box and the good Christian box...the mistress box...the bad daughter and fallen woman boxes...She saw with a painful blaze of clarity that every one of these boxes had been of her own making, either by consent or lack of resistance. She had no right to bitterness; she had put herself in them. And she would get herself out, she vowed. And once she was out, she'd never willingly climb into another box again.” 



Teaser Tuesday is a weekly Meme hosted by Should Be Reading! where you share two (2) “teaser” sentences from your current read to try to entice others to want to seek it out. Find out how you can participate Here!

7 comments:

  1. I have had this on my list to read for a long time. I need to read it.
    Here is my TT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm about halfway through, and it's very good so far. Following you :)

      Delete
  2. My husband read this one and liked it.

    Here's ours: http://ourstack.blogspot.com/2012/08/tuesday-teasers-3-good-ones-for-you.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need to buy this one. It always sounds so good :)

    http://carabosseslibrary.blogspot.com/2012/08/teaser-tuesday_14.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've heard great things about this book, and your teaser is very interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. what page is the quote found on?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure what page it is on (it was a library book so I don't have it anymore), but I think it is towards the end.

      Delete