Friday 31 August 2012

What I Didn't Say by Keary Taylor

What I Didn't SayWhat I Didn't Say by Keary Taylor
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

What I Didn't Say is a captivating, emotional story. We follow the story through Jake's point of view as he comes to term with the consequences of his actions. After getting drunk with some friends one night and getting into a car accident, Jake's life is changed forever. No longer able to speak, he must learn how to come to terms with his disability and communicate again, not only with his family but with the rest of the world as well.

Through the story we watch Jake grow, although he does have setbacks, and he also learns that he's not the only one with problems. Enter Sam. Jake had been crushing on Samantha since she first moved to their town. As the two become closer, Jake learns that, although she appears perfect on the outside, she is struggling with her own troubles.

I enjoyed watching the changing dynamics of Jake's life and his relationship with Sam. I think this story was all the more powerful because it could be true. Everything that happened to Jake could happen to any teen today in real life.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment