Fifty Shades of Grey by E.L. James

Fifty Shades of Grey (Fifty Shades, #1)Fifty Shades of Grey by E.L. James
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

When Anastasia Steele is asked by her roommate and best friend, Kate, to do an interview with businessman Mr. Grey for a school magazine article for her after Kate comes down with the flu, Ana reluctantly agrees. What she did not expect was to be attracted to the young, hot, sexy Christian Grey. What Ana finds in Christian is so much more than she could have ever imagined in her wildest dreams…or nightmares.

I loved the witty banter back and forth between Ana and Christian. Between their conversations and their emails, I fell in love with them as a couple. I love Christian. He is so hot and sexy…but he definitely has his issues. I was really hoping that by the end of the book we would have been able to find out a bit more about him, but he keeps himself so closed off. Hopefully we will see more insight into his personality and his "needs" in the next two books.

The only real issue I had with this book was Ana herself. First, she seemed too innocent to me. A 21-year-old virgin is not hard to imaging, but a 21-year-old who knows next to nothing about sex, even though she has a loud and mouthy roommate who does not seem too concerned about spilling the beans about her escapades? While most of the time I enjoyed being inside her head…Her inner goddess was my favorite…she was really ambivalent about things, especially her feelings. She just did not seem to know what she wants. On one hand I can see her warring with her desire for Christian and her fear of his "needs," but on the other, she knew from the beginning what she was getting herself into (I mean, he actually wanted her to sign a contract…how much clearer does that get?), but she just kept hoping and dreaming and in the end was surprised and heartbroken when she did not get what she wanted.

Anyway, overall I loved this book. I thought it was quite well written, the dialogue is very well put together and fun to read, and the sex scenes are…oh my…hot, hot, hot. I can't wait to get started on the next one!!


View all my reviews

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One Less Warlock by Judith Post

Q & A with Christina Weigand

Book Beginnings: The Song of Achilles by Madeline Miller