Sunday 9 September 2012

Storm Front by Jim Butcher

Storm Front (The Dresden Files, #1)Storm Front by Jim Butcher
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I did not actually "read" Storm Front, I listened to the audiobook. This was my first audiobook, and I am officially hooked. A lot of that might have had to do with the narrator…James Marsters did such an excellent job! I thought he sounded like the perfect voice for Harry.

Harry Dresden is a wizard, practicing openly out in public. He is having a hard time making ends meet, as most people think he's probably a nut or crazy, but a few know the truth. In Storm Front he is called upon to help solve both a gruesome double murder and a disappearance, which at first do not seem to be connected. However, as Harry soon learns, things are not always what they seem, and he must find the killer before the killer finds him.

There are so many things going on in this book, as the author has to introduce us to Harry's world, not the world as we see it, but the world of magic. It seems like it’s a very complex place with a whole different set of rules than our world. The author does a great job of introducing things a little at a time so as not to overwhelm us, but I am looking forward to learning more about Harry's world and the complexity of his magic in the next books in the series.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment