Sunday 16 September 2012

Crave by J.R. Ward

Crave (The Fallen Angels, #2)Crave by J.R. Ward
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

The second book in the Fallen Angels series continues with Jim Heron, the fallen angel from Covet, as he tries to save his second soul.

Isaac Rothe is an XOps soldier trying to get out and start a new life. When he finds himself in jail, he meets Grier Childe, his public defender. Grier goes out of her way to help her new client, and their attraction grows into something hot and heavy.

Although I liked this book as much as the first in the series, I did not really buy into Isaac and Grier's relationship. It was very superficial, and very, very quick. It was more physical than anything else, and yet somehow they still managed to fall in love. I did not feel that any of the characters were developed in this book as well as in the first, but we did get to see more of Jim, Adrian, and Eddie, who I adore.

I loved that Ward gave us the twist at the end, making the reader and characters in the story realize that everything is not always as it seems. Just when you thought you had everything figured out, you realize you were wrong.

I really enjoyed this book and look forward to the next in the series!


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment