Sunday 9 September 2012

77 Shadow Street by Dean Koontz

77 Shadow Street77 Shadow Street by Dean Koontz
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I love how Koontz gives you so many details, sometimes too many details, even backgrounds on people who are not a big part of the story. In one paragraph you're learning their life story, in the next paragraph they're dead. But, it's details like this that make the story interesting, makes it real. Koontz has a knack for making his characters come alive, for better or for worse.

77 Shadow Street is a very complex book. It is not your typical Dean Koontz story (and I have been a fan for many years). The so many different points of views in this book just added to the complexity of the story. Also, a huge thanks for the building map in the beginning of the book. I repeatedly consulted it while reading to see where we were in the building during the story, trying to keep myself oriented.

The only thing I really did not like about this book was the little blurbs of "The One." They could have been left out of this story and we would not have missed them, and in fact, the story would have been better without them. They really did not add anything and you did not learn anything from them. They simply took up space.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment