Wednesday 4 February 2015

Beacon of Sound by R.M. Garry + Author Interview





Beacon of Sound
The Noir Dera #1 
by R.M. Garry  

Genre: Paranormal Romance 
Number of pages: 247  

You can fight desire…  

Marie DeLou doesn’t want to believe that her life is anything less than perfect. After all, how could it not be? She has a thriving mental health practice and a doting husband who loves her. Still, when a freight train of a man tears through her quiet existence, she has to wonder if things—and people—are not always what they seem to be.  

…but there’s no stopping destiny  

Prince Patrick Alvang of the Noir Dera has one job to do--to save the Beacon of Light, Marie DeLou, from the danger lurking within her walls. But between her smoking hot body and her equally fiery attitude, his task is a whole lot more difficult than he’d expected. Lucky for him, it looks like the only way to get to the finish line is to play dirty along the way…


Find it on Goodreads

Amazon      CreateSpace


R.M. Garry lives with her three male children a.k.a the wolf pack and her husband of 12 years. 
Writing allows her to maintain her sanity while juggling her world. 
Her goal is to give readers a brief escape from the realities of their world. 
When she isn’t writing, R.M. is reading and keeping up with her favorite authors. 

 For updates and book information readers can visit  
Twitter: @authorrmgarry 



Q & A with Author R.M. Garry

Q:  Tell us a little bit about your main characters. 

A:  Marie is the heroine. She is feisty, stubborn, loving, and powerful. From the very beginning of the story, she tries to hide things from her husband, Marcel. Marcel is the devil. He is an amazing husband but has an atomic level secrete that could destroy Marie. There are no words to describe Patrick Noir Alvang. He is tall, sexy, and aggressive. He will win his prize and destroy anything that gets in his way. Patrick is not your typical hero. 

Q:  Describe your ideal writing spot. 
A:  My ideal place is anywhere I can get a WIFI signal. Being a busy mom means writing in the most unusual places. I once typed out a whole scene on my smartphone while waiting in the car line for my boys. 

Q:  Who designed the covers for your book and what was that process like for you as the author? 
A:  My first designer was Brandi Doanne at http://www.ebook-coverdesigns.com/. She was very responsive and walked me through the entire process. I went with a different artist for the second edition just to give it a fresh look. I am still totally in love with the first cover. 

Q:   What is the best advice you have been given?
A:  You need to slow down. This was the advice given to me by someone who loves my work, but saw how much I was stretching myself. I was doing too many things at once. The second best advice, I got, was from my music research guru, Mona. She told me to never stop writing. 

Q:  How do you keep busy when you're not writing? 
A:  I am the proud mother of three boys who think I have the same amount of energy they do. I also work full time and am a full time Masters student. Busy is my lifestyle. 

Q:  If you could have any superhuman ability, what would you choose and why? 
A:  I would want the ability to control the elements of nature. Of course, water would be my go to element. What is more powerful than nature and its ability to both give and take life? 

Q:  Which do you prefer: hard/paperbacks or ebooks? 
A:  EBooks are convenient for me because I am always on the go. I refuse to buy my Ann Rice or Stephen King books in eBook format. I prefer to purchase the paperback versions. 

Q:  What book are you reading now? 
A:  I am currently reading Pretty Instinct by S.E. Hall. It is blowing my mind.



January 26 Interview
Author Karen Swart
www.authorkarenswart.blogspot.com

January 26 Spotlight
The Creatively Green Write at Home Mom
www.creativelygreen.blogspot.com

January 27 Interview
Deal Sharing Aunt
www.dealsharingaunt.blogspot.com

January 28 Spotlight
Celebrating Authors
http://celebratingauthors.blogspot.ca/

January 29 Spotlight
Chicas Love to Read
http://www.chicalovestoread.blogspot.com

January 30 Spotlight
Mommabears Book Blog
http://www.mommabearsbookblog.blogspot.com

February 2 Guest blog
Roxanne's Realm
www.roxannerhoads.com

February 3 Spotlight
Share My Destiny
http://sharemydestiny.blogspot.com

February 4 Spotlight
Science Fiction And Such
http://sciencefictionandsuch.com/

February 5 Interview
Shut Up & Read
http://shutupandreadgroup.blogspot.com/

February 6 Review
Paranormal Romance and Authors That Rock
www.pratr.wordpress.com

February 9 Guest blog
Fang-tastic Books
www.fang-tasticbooks.blogspot.com

February 9 Spotlight
Lisa's World of Books
www.lisasworldofbooks.net

1 comment: