Friday 23 November 2012

Seduced in the Dark by C.J. Roberts

Seduced in the Dark (The Dark Duet, #2)Seduced in the Dark by C.J. Roberts
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I knew even before I picked up this book that it was going to mess with my mind. I had, after all, read the first book. Still, somehow I was not prepared. In the first book of The Dark Duet we were introduced to Livvie and Caleb, and I completely fell in love with them. Caleb, oh, Caleb. What are we going to do with you? In this second book, we see their "relationship" evolve into something dark, dangerous, and very unhealthy…for both of them. We learn about Caleb's past and why he is the way he is, and through everything, I cannot but help falling more and more for him. Yes, it's unhealthy. I get it. However, I completely understand Livvie and her way of thinking. We also find out in this book that Livvie is capable of doing what it takes to survive. She is a survivor.

Through flashbacks and bits and pieces of Livvie's present mind, a rather dark place to be, the author unfolds the rest of Livvie and Caleb's story. The author takes us on a journey through the world of sex slaves. The story is incredible, the writing is superb, and I cannot think of one negative thing to say about this book. The author has this knack of getting into her characters' heads that makes you, as the reader, live the story through the words on the page. Open your mind and give the story a chance. You will not regret it.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment