Tuesday 20 November 2012

Love Unscripted by Tina Reber

Love Unscripted (Love, #1)Love Unscripted by Tina Reber
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I had a love/hate relationship with this book. I absolutely loved the first half, so I'll start there. Taryn is a fantastic character. She is a small-town girl who is tough, self-sufficient, and level headed. She is fun, not a Tom-boy but not girly-girly either. I love, love, love Ryan. He is a big shot movie star who does not like the fame. He has groupies following him everywhere, but deep down he's a quiet romantic who would like some privacy. When the two meet, it's just awesome. The two together are super fun. They have a playful, friendly relationship. Add in Taryn's friends, and we have a super fun story. Taryn and Ryan's getting to know each other phase was sweet and romantic. I loved getting to know them.

About halfway through the book things changed. Taryn went from tough, self-sufficient, and level headed to having this whole 'I'm not good enough for him" attitude that really got on my nerves. I get it. If I were dating a mega hot movie star (hmmm...daydreaming) I'd be jealous of him being in pictures with other girls or whatever. But she was getting jealous and/or upset over every little thing. It was way more annoying than sweet or romantic. The other thing I did not like was that this book was super long. The story was good and the writing was superb, but I felt there was a lot of filler that could have been left out and the book would have been just as good.

The story was maybe a bit predictable at times, but there was still enough unknown to keep me reading. As for the next book in the series...I can't decide whether or not I want to read it. Normally when I give a book 4 stars the next book is a must, but after reading the book description for Love Unrehearsed, it just sounds like a lot more of the same. If it's just going to be more of Taryn's insecurities, people trying to break them up, etc., I really am not interested. I guess we will see.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment