Saturday 3 November 2012

Q & A with Jennifer Armentrout

Obsidian (Lux #1)
by Jennifer L. Armentrout

Starting over sucks.

When we moved to West Virginia right before my senior year, I'd pretty much resigned myself to thick accents, dodgy internet access, and a whole lot of boring.... until I spotted my hot neighbor, with his looming height and eerie green eyes. Things were looking up.

And then he opened his mouth.

Daemon is infuriating. Arrogant. Stab-worthy. We do not get
along. At all. But when a stranger attacks me and Daemon literally freezes time with a wave of his hand, well, something...unexpected happens.

The hot alien living next door marks me.

You heard me. Alien. Turns out Daemon and his sister have a galaxy of enemies wanting to steal their abilities, and Daemon's touch has me lit up like the Vegas Strip. The only way I'm getting out of this alive is by sticking close to Daemon until my alien mojo fades.

If I don't kill him first, that is.


Get your copy:  Amazon Barnes & Noble

----------

Q & A with Jennifer Armentrout

Q:  Tell us a little about your main characters, Katy and Daemon.
A:  Kat is an ordinary book lover who ends up living next to Daemon, who's as arrogant as he is good looking, who turns out to be an alien with a lot of secrets, some even bigger than the fact he's an alien.

Q:  Where did you come up with the idea behind Obsidian?
A:  It's a pretty well known story, I think. I had turned in my adult novel to my editor who had asked if I ever considered writing about aliens in high school. My first response was to laugh and say no, because seriously, aliens in high school? But then I thought about it and came up with the characters of Daemon and Katy. The rest happened from there.


Q:  In terms of your writing, where do you hope to see yourself in five years?
A:  Hopefully I'm still writing and it's evolving.


Q:  How has your environment/upbringing colored your writing?
A:  I grew up reading and I started writing when I was in the 8th and 9th grade. My first book was written in long hand in algebra class. While my parents weren't so happy with my sucktastic math grades, they were really supportive of me writing.


Q:  What do you do to unwind and relax?
A:  This is going to sound really boring, but I usually play solitaire or free cell on the iPad before I go to bed. Yep. During the day I usually work out, do some gardening (which I suck at) or read.


Author Contact:


Facebook:  http://www.facebook.com/JenniferLArmentrout

Twitter:  https://twitter.com/JLArmentrout

Website:  http://www.jenniferarmentrout.com/


No comments:

Post a Comment