Saturday 14 September 2013

Point of Retreat by Colleen Hoover

Point of Retreat (Slammed, #2)Point of Retreat by Colleen Hoover
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Having fallen in love with Slammed, I knew I had to read Point of Retreat as soon as it came out. The story picks up a few months after Slammed and continues Lake and Will's story. Lake is struggling with the loss of her mother and the two of them are pushing on, moving forward. There are a lot of things changing in their lives and it is not always easy to be strong.

I loved Point of Retreat but not quite as much as the first book. The characters are great, and it was still a lot of fun and sweet and emotional at the same time, but I felt something was missing from the story that had been there in the first book. I really cannot say what it was, but I did not feel as connected to the characters in this one.

Overall, I loved this series and will be reading This Girl as well. Thank you Ms. Hoover for sharing your stories!


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment