Tuesday 20 August 2013

Empath (The Flawed Series, #1) by Becca J. Campbell

Empath (The Flawed Series, #1)Empath by Becca J. Campbell
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I was given the privilege by the author to review the ARC version of Empath.

Empath is an interesting story told from two points of view, Jade and Ethan. I will admit that at times this was confusing, but the author did a good job bringing it together in the end.

Jade has lived a sheltered life because of her special ability. She is an Empath who is continently barraged by others' emotions. This makes it difficult when Jade starts classes at college. Will Jade be able to cope? Ethan has his own handicap/ability. He can't see well during the day but has perfect night vision. Ethan uses this to his advantage for his twisted interests. Jade catches Ethan's attention. Will she fall prey to his sinister plans?

This story was not what I expected. I enjoyed it but at times I felt like I was reading two different stories. It did become clear and I was happy how the author pieced it together. The characters were well developed. I liked Jade. Jade was innocent and inexperienced due to her sheltered life, but she tries hard to persevere. I did not like reading about Ethan. His story disgusted me, but I think that was the author's point. Overall, it was a good story and I would recommend it.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment