Wednesday 7 May 2014

That's What HE Said #8


That's What HE Said
is a weekly meme hosted by Chapter Break  

where you share your favorite line from your book boyfriend to his heroine. 

 You can find more information and how to participate on your blog HERE!
 


"I thought maybe if I met someone else that I'd be able to stop thinking about you, but it didn't work.  Nothing works.  When I'm with them, I wish it was you.  When they laugh or talk, I can't help but compare it to your voice or your laugh.  It's always been you; it'll always be you, Angel."

The Boy Who Sneaks in My Bedroom Window
YA Contemporary Romance
Kindle Edition
, 253 pages 
Published April 29th 2012

Amber Walker and her older brother, Jake, have an abusive father. One night her brother's best friend, Liam, sees her crying and climbs through her bedroom window to comfort her. That one action sparks a love/hate relationship that spans over the next eight years. Liam is now a confident, flirty player who has never had a girlfriend before. Amber is still emotionally scarred from the abuse she suffered at the hands of her father. Together they make an unlikely pair. Their relationship has always been a rocky one, but what happens when Amber starts to view her brother's best friend a little differently? And how will her brother, who has always been a little overprotective, react when he finds out that the pair are growing closer? Find out in The Boy Who Sneaks In My Bedroom Window.

My Thoughts
 There were many, many sweet moments in this story between Amber and Liam.  Their relationship was rocky at best, but Liam always saw Amber for who she was - not who she pretended to be.  In this quote he was explaining to her why he could never have a girlfriend.

5 comments:

  1. Ooh what a sweet quote. Sucks to be those other girls, huh? Thanks for participating :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a great quote! I have been debating on reading this one...I like the premise. I'm going to go read your review. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I actually ended up not liking the book all that much, but I am a minority on that. Most people seem to love it. You should read it and let me know what you think :)

      Delete
  3. No fair. My brother never had any friends as awesome as Liam. I think this was one of the very first books I ever read when I first got my kindle. Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete