Saturday 12 January 2013

The Surrogate by Leonard Foglia

The Surrogate, the Sudarium Trilogy - Book OneThe Surrogate, the Sudarium Trilogy - Book One by Leonard Foglia
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I am not exactly sure what I was expecting when I started this book, but I was pleasantly surprised. The authors' use of simple language rather than flashy prose helped make Hannah more believable. She was a simple girl from a small town, maybe a tab bit too naive. She had dreams of doing something important and meaningful with her life but had to get out of the rut she was stuck in. Answering an ad in the local newspaper seemed to be the answer to all of her problems.

The world as Hannah knows it is perfect and sweet. She is innocent and trusting. The story as reality knows it is dark and dangerous. People lie, steal, and cheat, and sometimes they do worse.

A few chapters in I was worried that this book was going to drag too slow. While it is true there was not a lot of action until close to the end, the time seemed to speed by quickly. I enjoyed the side story of Jimmy and really liked how his character came out in the end. The authors did a wonderful job of weaving fact into fiction and combining religion into this story without it stealing the show.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment