Thursday 3 April 2014

Book Beginnings #3: Far From You by Tess Sharpe

Book Beginnings
is a weekly meme hosted by Rose City Reader

Share the first sentence (or so) of the book you are reading, along with your initial thoughts about the sentence, impressions of the book, or anything else the opener inspires.

You can find more information and how to participate on your blog HERE!
 



It doesn't start here.

You'd think it would: two terrified girls in the middle of nowhere, cowering together, eyes bulging at the gun in his hand.

But it doesn't start here.
It starts the first time I almost die.



by  Tess Sharpe
YA Contemporary Romance
Paperback, 352 pages

Published March 27th 2014 by Indigo
 Quote from Kindle location 9
 


Nine months. Two weeks. Six days.

That's how long recovering addict Sophie's been drug-free. Four months ago her best friend, Mina, died in what everyone believes was a drug deal gone wrong - a deal they think Sophie set up. Only Sophie knows the truth. She and Mina shared a secret, but there was no drug deal. Mina was deliberately murdered.

Forced into rehab for an addiction she'd already beaten, Sophie's finally out and on the trail of the killer - but can she track them down before they come for her?


 


My Thoughts
I've been wanting to read this since I first read the description.  Those first lines only make me want to get to it sooner!  Luckily for me, it's next on my list!

8 comments:

  1. Intense opening! Also sounds like a crazy read. Thanks for sharing this, happy reading :)

    My Friday Book Memes

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I love the sound of this one! Thanks for sharing...and here's MY FRIDAY Post

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a really good book. Here is My Post

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope it is! Thanks for stopping by :)

      Delete
  4. Great beginning! Worth checking out!!

    Here is my Book Beginning post!

    ReplyDelete