Friday 7 March 2014

Book Beginnings #1: Bonds of Justice by Nalini Singh

Book Beginnings
is a weekly meme hosted by Rose City Reader

Share the first sentence (or so) of the book you are reading, along with your initial thoughts about the sentence, impressions of the book, or anything else the opener inspires.

You can find more information and how to participate on your blog HERE!



 


 

"It was as she was sitting staring into the face of a sociopath that Sophia Russo realized three irrefutable truths."


by  Nalini Singh
Mass Market Paperback, 348 pages
Published July 6th 2010 by Berkley
 Quote from page 3



 
My Thoughts
This series plays the Psy, cold, emotionless beings, against the Changelings, warm, shapeshifters who use emotion and touch as a foundation for good life. 

I love both the Psy and the Changelings, though I'm partial to shifters so they would have to be my favorites.  I love how the author is able to bring the two different types together, sometimes for good, sometimes for bad.  Both parties have to learn how to understand the other in order to survive.

9 comments:

  1. Ah, I love reading about sociopaths! Thanks for sharing...and here's MY FRIDAY POST

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol, from what I hear he's a good one, very entertaining! Thanks for stopping by :)

      Delete
  2. Not my kind of book, although the characters sound interesting. Sounds like an exciting story.
    Here's the link to my Friday post: THE MERMAIDS SINGING.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sheri,

    This is definitely not my kind of book, although that first line has me wondering what the three irrefutable truths are .. it is quite wicked of you to leave us hanging like that!

    The synopsis is very descriptive and highlights some great narrative qualities which I hope carried through into the book. If so, it must have been a great read.

    Thanks for stopping by Fiction Books earlier. It is good to 'meet' you and I hope that you have a great weekend,

    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by Yvonne! I had contemplated continuing for a few more sentences, but decided this teaser was enough :)

      Delete
  4. This is one of my favorite series. That beginning is intense. Here is my post: Mixed Book Bag

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by JC! It's become on of my favorites, too!

      Delete