Sunday 3 February 2013

Poison Study by Maria V. Snyder

Poison Study (Study, #1)Poison Study by Maria V. Snyder
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I've heard so much about this book and have had it in my to-read pile forever. What I found out was this was one of those books for me that after you read it, you berate yourself for putting it off for so long. I absolutely loved it! Yelena is an awesome lead. Throughout the entire book she is unassuming and humble, yet she has an inner strength that is matched by few. Through the course of the story she is able to prove to the people who matter, those close to her, her worth as a person and an ally. All of the characters were well developed and easy to fall in love with, or hate if that was the intent. I really look forward to reading more about them.

The author's writing style was fabulous. I love the world she created for her story; my only wish is we would have gotten more of it. What we got was an introduction/overview of the different areas but no real explanation. It worked for the story; it is just my personal preference to have more background.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment