Tuesday 28 February 2017

Q & A with Eric Kapitan

Burning Down Paradise
by Eric Kapitan

Timothy has lived his life not knowing much about his sordid and violent past and how he came to be on this Earth. He’s a loner, never staying in one place for long, and the reason is simple. Timothy is a serial killer. He gets his kicks from the deaths of others. He chooses a particular looking woman each time and the more brutal and bloody the killing is, the more he feels alive.

But there is something which haunts even him. A woman, who drifts in and out of his consciousness and is always lurking in the shadows. She is his ideal victim, but he knows little about her, except that she is from his past.

When Timothy eventually makes the wrong choice with his final victim, he loses his own life in the process and is sent to Hell. Now it becomes apparent to him that death is simply just the beginning of his journey and that his true destiny awaits. A devastating war between Heaven and Hell is coming. It threatens to engulf everything and Timothy is right at the center of it.

And when he discovers the true identity of the mystery woman, it is a shocking revelation which will consume him even quicker than the fires which are already licking at his feet. He’s in for a Hell of a time. 

Paperback, 59 pages
Published February 14th 2017 

 

Find it on Goodreads
Amazon * Barnes & Noble

Read It & Reap:  August 20, 2017


Eric Kapitan fell in love with the horror genre at a young age. Binge watching Horror Movies such Halloween and Night of the Living Dead. It wasn't long before Kapitan wanted to tell Horror stories of his own. Never afraid to push the boundaries, Kapitan believes Horror should be hard hitting and leave an impression.

Eric Kapitan currently resides in Vermont. He enjoys spending time with family/friends, drinking a nice cold Vermont beer, and going to Horror conventions.


                                                                        Connect with Eric
                                                                     Goodreads * Facebook * Twitter

EQ & A with Eric Kapitan 

Tell us a little bit about your main characters.
In Burning Down Paradise, Timothy is the main focus. He's a serial killer who kills to fill an emptiness that is inside of him. He often dreams and fantasizes about his ideal victim, a young woman who seems familiar to him but who he does not recognizes. He chooses his victims based on how much they resemble this dream girl.

Another main character would be the girl that haunts Timothy's dream. I don't want to go into much detail about her because she is a very important part of the plot.

I also have two characters who are my own interpretation of God and Satan.

Who designs the covers for your books and what is that process like for you as an author?
My good friend Adam Beckley designed the covers for my first two books. I would tell Adam about the book and what I was looking for and then he would design it.

For Burning Down Paradise, I decided to use a combination of stock photos and one original photo that I created myself. I think the key to a good book cover is depicting an interesting aspect of your book to bring to life in your cover. The detail and vivid bright colors are very important to me. In an age where everything is becoming digitized, you still need something to draw the reader in.

Describe your ideal writing spot.
At my computer desk with a cup of coffee in my hand and some nice inspirational music blasting in the background. I usually listen to film scores while writing because it helps me get into the world I am trying to create.

What is the best advice you have been given?
I've been given lots of advice over the years and I would be bullshitting you if I told you I remembered any of it. I can tell you that based on my experiences in life I would say the best advice is to keep doing what you're doing, never give up on your goals and simply stay focused. A strong work ethic is key to any type of success.

As a child, what did you want to be when you grew up?
I wanted to be either a waiter or a pirate. I was able to live out my dream of working in food service for a short period of time. So I'm able to check that life goal off of my bucket list. Sadly, I have yet to live out my dream of becoming a pirate. It's hard to get a peg leg in the door. Oh yes, I am full of lame jokes such the one you just read.

Which do you prefer: hard/paperbacks or ebooks?
I like the convenience and customization of ebooks, However, I still prefer reading a psychical copy over a digital one any day. Plus, how can you not love that new book smell. Maybe Amazon should release a new version of a kindle device that is scented with new book smell. You could have all kinds of different flavors. Root beer, blueberry, nacho cheese. Wouldn't you love the smell of cotton candy as your reading Shakespeare?

If you could have any supernatural power, what would you choose and why?
The ability to see through walls. Why? Cause I'm a huge pervert.

What book are you reading now?
I just finished reading Blister, By Jeff Strand. I have to say I am not usually a huge fan of horror comedy but Strand is a master at writing witty dialogue. I often found myself laughing out loud while reading it. Not since Everybody Poops as a book been able to do that.


No comments:

Post a Comment