Monday 17 December 2012

The Rise by H.D. Gordon

The Rise (The Alexa Montgomery Saga, #3)The Rise by H.D. Gordon
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

The third installment of the Alexa Montgomery series is amazing in that the author took the word "twist" to a whole new level. No way could anyone have seen that coming. The story continues right where book 2 left off but plunges into a dark abyss that will be difficult to climb out of. The book is action packed with never a dull moment. There is a lot of love in this story, as well as loss, pain, hope, fear, emotion, emotion, emotion, and the author did it all quite well.

Through the whole story, even still at the end, Alexa is conflicted with what and who she is. She knows her fate and never questions it, though she does wonder, why her? What makes her so special that she should be able to do what is being asked of her? Though I love Alexa and her badass self, her whole crappy attitude did get on my nerves a bit in this book (is it really necessary to be so freaking rude to EVERYBODY? I'm sure she has some niceness in her somewhere…I hope it does come out eventually. It would be a nice change for her…maybe at least to be nice to Kayden).

And Jackson, oh my true love, Jackson. What could I possibly say about you? I cannot possibly leave you out of my review of this book; however, I'll just leave it at that. I love you. Enough said.

On top of all of that, the books are incredibly well written. The author really has a way with words, painting almost whimsical pictures with her poetic-like words. I would definitely recommend this series as a must-read to everyone!


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment