Saturday 14 September 2013

Slammed by Colleen Hoover

Slammed (Slammed, #1)Slammed by Colleen Hoover
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I had been seeing Slammed around everywhere, popping up in news feeds and on Facebook with everyone talking about how great it was, so I finally decided I just had to read it. I'm so glad I did. From the book description given you just think it is another boy/girl love story…and it is, but it is also so much more. The actual storyline itself was fantastic and believable. It was emotional and heartbreaking and at the same time fun and sweet.

Lake moved with her mom and brother to a new town and a new school. They get moved in and meet their awesome new neighbor, a.k.a. Will. Lake and Will hit it off right away. I love the two of them together. They were so much fun even when the circumstances of their lives seem hopeless. Both of them have had a hard past couple of years and are struggling to move forward. Though they will find that moving forward is not always easy.

Even though I am not a poetry fan, I love, love, love the slams. I had heard of slams before but never really knew much about them. They were a lot of fun, and the author incorporated them in such a way that they became part of the story rather than just something the characters were doing.

I have to admit this review is a tad late (or maybe more than a tad), as I read this book a few months ago and am just now getting around to writing this review. I have also read Point of Retreat and will be writing that review next. I absolutely love this series and am now a huge fan of Colleen Hoover.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment