Wednesday 2 January 2013

Edge of Disaster by A.M. Hargrove

Edge of DisasterEdge of Disaster by A.M. Hargrove
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I have a new boyfriend. His name is Pearce. Don't tell my other boyfriends – they get jealous.

So…what I love about this book (besides that cover!)-
I love Alexia. Though a bit too immature for her age at times, she was a fun character. She's been through some tough times and let them get her down, but ultimately, with the help of a great friend and great guy (my boyfriend) is able to begin to pick herself back up and get her act together again.

I love Pearce. Yummy, sexy, rich, sweet, romantic…oh my God, why even go on? He's perfect. He is able to see something good in Alexia and goes after it despite the fact that they come from completely different worlds. He holds onto her when she tries to let go. I love him.

I love that although Alexia and Pearce are attracted to each other instantly, their relationship is slow going. Pearce is a little crazy for Alexia, but she needed some time to sort her life out before she can for forward with it, and he was willing to give that to her.

I think what I love most about this book, though, is how it shows how diverse A.M. Hargrove is. She has a young adult series with a spinoff adult series. Both of these are in the fantasy/sci-fi genre, and now she throws this one out, which is contemporary adult, completely different, and is just as good as her previous books. I think sometimes it is hard for an author to break the genre barriers successfully, but she has done it.

So...here's what I didn't like-
Alexia and Pearce together…he is supposed to be mine!

This story is sexy and sweet. I knew where it was heading long before the end, but knowing the outcome did not ruin the journey; instead, it made it more delightful to be reading on to see which path the author would take us on to get there. As they say, the journey is half the fun.


View all my reviews

1 comment:

  1. This one sounds like a good read :) I'll have to look into getting my hand on it soon!
    -Kimberly @ Turning the Pages

    ReplyDelete