Wednesday 23 July 2014

Think Out Loud #16

 Think Out Loud is a weekly meme created by
to break out of the blogging bubble. 

Consider your Think Out Loud posts a time to do WHATEVER YOU WANT!


You can find more information and how to participate on your blog HERE! 

-------------------------------

So, here is my Think Out Loud for this week!
 

Confessions of a Work at Home Mom

I am a medical transcriptionist who has been working from home for the past nine years.  Over those years I've learned that although working from home is a blessing, it also has brought many challenges.  I have decided to put some of these challenges, as well as the blessings, into a weekly post.   

Some of the topics I will write about are learning to balance work, family, and home without burning out; learning to say no to friends; and when to turn work off.  My goal of these posts is to share some helpful hints with other work at home moms that will hopefully help make their work at home experience even more productive and successful. 

Confession #1:  

  I never go to work in my pajamas.

 

It would so easy to fall into the comfy trap.  Not that there's anything wrong with being comfortable.  But, I also believe that you should always look your best, and in fact, I am more productive when I feel good about myself.  So, even though I may not be leaving the house on a given day, I still shower after my morning workout, fix my hair, do my makeup (minimal as it may be), and dress in comfortable clothes – usually jeans and a t-shirt.  After I am ready for the day, I get a cup of coffee and sit down at my computer to start my day.  Going through this routine every day, even on days when I won't be seeing anyone other than my husband and kids, helps to keep me focused and feeling good about myself.  I will, however, confess to going to work in my slippers :)

That’s it for confession #1!  What are your thoughts?  Have you ever worked from home?  Do you wish you could go to work in your pajamas?




No comments:

Post a Comment