Monday 23 January 2017

Q & A with Jennifer Silverwood

Scarred Beauty 
A Wylder Tale #2
by Jennifer Silverwood 

Vynasha has become prisoner with the other wyld beasts of the castle, but she is not alone. In the howling darkness her majikal bond with the Dungeon Master, Grendall, grows, awakening the dormant power in her blood.

Yet as she discovers the true nature of the other beasts, she learns she must embrace madness in order to free them all. Vynasha is willing to do anything to end the curse, even if that means transforming into a monster.

Buried secrets come to light in this seductive sequel to Craving Beauty, the Gothic retelling of the classic fairy tale of Beauty and the Beast, where nothing is exactly as it seems and the heroine must be her own hero.

Kindle Edition, 209 pages
Published December 1st 2016 by SilverWoodSketches

Find it on Goodreads
Amazon  Barnes & Noble

Read It & Reap:  June 8, 2017

Jennifer Silverwood was raised deep in the heart of Texas and has been spinning yarns a mile high since childhood. In her spare time she reads and writes and tries to sustain her wanderlust, whether it's the Carpathian Mountains in Transylvania, the highlands of Ecuador or a road trip to the next town.

After attending three different universities without managing to square a degree, she decided to the next logical thing; become a writer. Always on the lookout for her next adventure, in print or reality, she dreams of one day proving to the masses that everything really is better in Texas.

She is the author of the Heaven's Edge series, Stay and Silver Hollow. To stay tuned, please have a gander at her website: jennifersilverwood.com

Connect with Jennifer:


Q & A with Jennifer Silverwood

Tell us a little bit about your main characters. 
Craving Beauty centers around Vynasha, a young woman who has been scarred by the fire that took the rest of her family. She is lost to her past and desperate enough to follow a stranger's advice to venture to the unknown. She meets The Prince, an almost man-like beast who caters to her every whim while keeping her hostage. And beneath the castle is Grendall, the Dungeon Master, who warns Vynasha the Prince is not what he seems.

Who designs the covers for your books and what is that process like for you as an author?
Najla Qamber Designs has designed all my book covers. She's an Indie author's dream cover designer. Working with her is always a fun collaborative process. I typically throw ideas her way and she brings them to life.

Describe your ideal writing spot.
A cabin in the mountains overlooking a lake.

What is the best advice you have been given?
My dad has a saying, "eat that elephant, one bite at a time." I've reminded myself this every time I start a big project or have a seemingly insurmountable obstacle in front of me. In every situation, you just have to chip away at it, "one bite at a time." Eventually you'll get there.

As a child, what did you want to be when you grew up?
Before I knew writing could be a real career, I had dreams of being a nurse by day and a concert harpist by night. This was largely due to my mom and grandma having been former nurses, and my dad's concert pianist training.

Which do you prefer: hard/paperbacks or ebooks?
I love the convenience of ebooks, especially now that I have a busy toddler to chase after. However I much prefer paperbacks. When my kid was smaller it was dangerous putting paperbacks in grabbing range, much to my dismay. Now that he's old enough to play on his own I can sneak in the paperbacks again.

If you could have any supernatural power, what would you choose and why?
I would want telekinesis and astral projection, just like Prue Halliwell in Charmed. (Okay, I know that's technically cheating but Prue got two powers, right?) It would be fabulous to be in multiple places at once while simultaneously keeping my toddler in check.

What book are you reading now?
I'm currently reading The Hobbit by J.R.R Tolkien. Next I'll be diving into The Lord of the Rings.



1 comment:

  1. Thanks so much for featuring me on your lovely site, ladies! It was a pleasure chatting books & such with y'all :)

    ReplyDelete