Q & A with Josephine McNabb

Fire and Fangs
Blood and Flames #1
by Josephine McNabb


No one knows that they are living alongside the creatures that horror stories are made of...

Danni Malone grew up fighting monsters and catching rogues. She keeps her powers hidden and is desperate to live a normal life with her boyfriend Greg.
Keri Jenkins joined the Paranormal Division of the Government after a horrific incident that left her orphaned.

Both of these women are thrown together to catch the person trying to kill the influential Vampire Nest Master Damon. They move in with him and pose as his new security, dealing with threats and assassination attempts.

Will they catch the would-be-killer in time?

Will they be able to save the supernatural community from disaster?

Or will these women lose everything?

Kindle Edition, 300 pages
Published April 18th 2014 by Josephine Mc Nabb

Find it on Goodreads
Buy it on Amazon

Read It & Reap Date:  June 18, 2015


Hi everyone, I am from a small town in Northern Ireland. I grew up on a farm which I loved as a child. I'm a student and author.

My first book series is called 'Blood and Flames'.

The First book from the series is 'Fire and Fangs'. It is a PNR/UF genre.

You can keep up to date with the series by liking my FB page - https://www.facebook.com/bloodandflames

Following me on twitter - @jose91ire

Or check out my Amazon author page - amazon.com/author/josephinemcnabb

You can also now follow me on booklikes - http://josephinemcnabb.booklikes.com/

I'm open to any and all comments and questions :)

Find Josephine on Goodreads

Q & A with Josephine McNabb

Q:  Tell us a little bit about your main characters.

Danni is quite confident in what she does. She was brought up learning all the tricks of the trade at Nick’s knee. She has quite the temper and that can set off ‘The Heat’ a term Danni uses when her temper overpowers the control she exerts over her powers. Danni knows that she is a supernatural, but she doesn’t know what kind she is. Danni can’t wait to get her teeth into her latest mission.

Keri is quiet and naïve in comparison. Keri was thrust into the supernatural world by a tragedy and she was driven by a need to find weaknesses in vampires. This mission is her first proper job and she wants to prove herself. Keri is human and while she is more vulnerable, emotionally and physically, she has a wicked sense of humour.

Q:  In your opinion, what makes a good, strong female character?
A strong female character is, in my opinion, someone who can learn from their mistakes. They are only as strong as their supporting cast. The more minor characters enable a female character to be strong. They give her something to be strong for. A strong female does what needs to be done but with wit and humour.

Q:  How long have you been writing, and when did you first consider yourself an author?
I’ve been writing since my mid-teens and I’m twenty-three now. I hadn’t ever thought about publishing any of it before Fire and Fangs. I think the first time I considered myself an author was when Fire and Fangs went live, it was one of the most nerve-wracking but exhilarating clicks of my life. 

Q:  Describe your ideal writing spot.
My ideal writing spot is alone in a room with my laptop and a good playlist of songs playing through my earphones. It’s not the same when the music isn’t playing through them.

Q:  What is the best advice you have been given?
My parents told me, you can’t please everyone and there’s no point in making yourself miserable trying to.

Q:  Which do you prefer: hard/paperbacks or ebooks?
I prefer ebooks because I can have loads of books and they don’t take up a lot of room. I’m a bit of a hoarder when it comes to books, I can’t bear to throw them out.

Q:  If you could have any superpower, what would you choose and why?

Being invisible would be brilliant! Think of all the pranks you could play and all those conversations you would overhear.

Q:  What book are you reading now?

I’m between books at the minute. I just finished The Mageborn Traitor by Melanie Rawn, which I read years ago and wanted to read again. I am going to read another one bites the dust by Jennifer Rardin next.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One Less Warlock by Judith Post

Q & A with Christina Weigand

Book Beginnings: The Song of Achilles by Madeline Miller