Author Interview with Lisa Renee Jones

I'd like to welcome Lisa Renee Jones to the blog today!

Booklist says: Jones' suspense truly sizzles with an energy similar to FBI tales with a paranormal twist by Julie Garwood or Suzanne Brockmann. Alpha, military, and paranormal romance readers will want Jones' entire series. (About the Zodius Series -- Storm that is Sterling)

In 2003, award winning author Lisa Renee Jones sold her Austin, Texas based multi-state staffing agency and has since published over thirty novels and novellas across several genres. Her staffing agency LRJ Staffing was recognized many times by The Austin Business Journal and also praised by Dallas Women Magazine. In 1998 LRJ was listed as the #7 growing women owned business in Entrepreneur Magazine.

Her debuts with Blaze and Nocturne hit Bookscan's Top 100 list and her Blaze Hotzone trilogy made a showing on the list in 2011 also. With a new Blaze trilogy, a short story for Spice, the third book in her Zodius series published with Sourcebooks, as well as an rapidly growing indie following, 2012 will bring many new stories to her readers.




Title: If I Were You

Author: Lisa Renee Jones

Genre:
  Adult Fiction/Erotica/Romance

Page Count:
  330


Published:
  August 2012


Series:
 
Inside Out Trilogy #1

Available From: 
Amazon Barnes & Noble  ~  Kobo  
 
When Sara McMillan finds a stack of journals in a storage unit, she’s shocked and enthralled by the erotic life the writer led. Unable to stop reading, she vicariously lives out dark fantasies through Rebecca, the writer—until the terrifying final entry. Certain something sinister has happened, Sara sets out to discover the facts, immersing herself in Rebecca’s life. Soon she’s working at the art gallery Rebecca worked at and meeting Rebecca’s friends. Finding herself drawn to two dangerously sexy men, the manager of the gallery and a famed artist, Sara realizes she’s going down the same path Rebecca took. But with the promise of her dark needs being met by a man with confident good looks and a desire for control, she’s not sure anything else matters. Just the burn for more.

----------

When did you first know you wanted to be a writer?
I’d been doing some independent film and had a chance to write a script and my love for books quickly turned into book writing. I’d always wanted to act and life pulled me to the corporate world but that passion and creativity pulled me back to another career. 

Tell us a little about your main character, Sara.

Sara is far more messed up than I believe readers know in book 1 but they will discover this in book 2. She’s still in denial in book 1. She’s learning to find herself in book 2 and she has some male help:) She has to learn to be honest with herself and that will lead to discover for her and certain male characters. 

Where did you come up with the idea behind If I Were You?

My fiancee and I use to buy and sell storage auctions and we found a journal that sparked the idea many years ago. The timing to write it just wasn’t right and I think that was good. I spent a lot of timing learning these characters before writing them.

How would you describe your writing style?

I write many genres so it varies and this series is my first first person series but it felt very right for this book and trilogy. This trilogy is very dark and I do tend towards dark though my Blaze readers probably would not know that.

How has your environment/upbringing colored your writing?

It certainly makes me identify more with some characters but you can’t write a lot of books and go only on your own history. You have to reach beyond that and you have to remember to live life to have new things to bring to the table. In my corporate years I traveled and met all kinds of people and I do think that helps me to breath life into diverse characters.

What do you do to unwind and relax?
I’m a gym rat and I do a lot of thinking about my books there but my fiancee and I are huge movie and tv fans. We love a good tv series we can watch marathon style.

Do you have any hidden talents?

Tripping over my own feet:) I’m very good at that so my clumsy characters come by that with ease. 

 Are you working on anything new?

I’m working on BEING ME the second book in the trilogy. Then I’ll immediately write REVEALING US. 

What book are you reading now?
I just downloaded the first Vampire Diaries. I’ve never read them or watched the show and have wanted to for a long time.


Author Contact Links:
Twitter: 
@lisareneejones

Website: http://www.lisareneejones.com/

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Lisareneejones

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One Less Warlock by Judith Post

Q & A with Christina Weigand

Book Beginnings: The Song of Achilles by Madeline Miller